Hello families of 5C,
I would like to take this time to thank you all for such a wonderful start to the school year. 5C has been busy learning lots of French and diving deep into all things mathematics. We have had fun, did lots of exploring and growing in many ways. I would like to take this time for sharing your time with your children and I. Having supportive parents and guardians makes a huge difference in the students' lives and I can see that at school. I would also like to thank those of you who have given me a gift, card, or treats over the last week; they are all greatly appreciated.
As a community, we have given even more, Here are the totals from Nose Creek's Season of Giving:
292 AARCS donations
75 Angel Tree Gifts
178hrs of Volunteer Service
1692 Food Items
I would like to wish you all a wonderful and safe holiday season. Enjoy the next two weeks off and we will see you all back on January 7th!
Joyeux Noël et Bon Nouvel An,
Our Mobile Escape Residency has come to an end! Check out their blog post about it: https://www.mobileescape.ca/blog/2018/12/9/nose-creek-school-6-different-mobile-escape-rooms
We are looking for five parent volunteers for the morning of Friday, December 14th.
The students don't know this yet, it is fine if you tell them, but this week in French they are going to talk about grocery shopping and buying ingredients then prepare a recipe for all of the 5s in Intensive French.
Mme Valji's class is making pancakes, Mme Malayko's class cupcakes, and our class grilled cheese. Then we are going to have a French cafe where the kids have to practice specific questions in French and answers where they talk with their trio about their recipes.
I am hoping to get about 5 parents from 5C who will come and lead a station with 5 students. The station would be cutting baguette, buttering, putting cheese in the middle and then grilling them. Once cooked they would go on a tray in the oven to stay warm. We have the Foods room Friday morning for cooking and then the cafe would happen after nutrition break, around 10:40am.
Would you be willing and able to volunteer at a station on Friday, December 14th in the morning? If so, please email email@example.com
- The students in grade 5 have successfully completed a week-long residency with Mobile Escape. The culminating showcase occurred yesterday where parents, students and community members came through to check out the Kodiak Creek Express!
The conductor had fallen asleep at the wheel and couldn't be woken up. However, the bridge was also traveling at a fast pace down the tracks towards a broken bride. Participants were asked to solve five clues, all created completely by the grade 5s, to shut off the train at the control panel.
Their creativity, teamwork and problem-solving skills were amazing as we watched many classes work together throughout the week.
Bravo grade 5s! What a success!
As a side, we would like to thank Parent Council for making all of this possible for our students. Each grade at Nose Creek has now had the opportunity to participate in the residency and develop and refine many skills.
- Math tests need to be signed and returned to school. Rewrites will happen if students schedule them for themselves.
- Come check out our escape room tomorrow from 3:30-5:30!
- Season of Giving is in full swing. We are collecting food bank donations, boxes of ziploc bags, cat food, cat toys, cat bed, dog food or dog toys, box of garbage bags, and dish soap. Students can also complete 1 hour of volunteer time and bring in a letter.
- We have also adopted a child for the Salvation Army Angel Giving Tree.
- No school Friday.
We had an awesome day skiing today! Please remember the Season of Giving kicks off tomorrow with donations for the food bank.
- Ski Day: Students need to be at school tomorrow for 7:40am and can head straight to their homerooms. Please wear snow pants, a warm jacket, hat, and gloves. Please pack a nutritious lunch, snacks, and plenty to drink.
- No school Friday as it is a professional development day.
- We started building our Mobile Escape room today!
- Yearbooks will be for sale this year. You can purchase them through PowerSchool.
Grade 5 Intensive French and Math teacher at Nose Creek School
May 10, 2019: Bowling Field Trip
May 17, 2019: No school
May 20, 2019: No school