- Ma Famille projects will be presented to a partner on Monday. You will have a chance to review spelling, grammar, and sentence structure. They will also suggest how to add detail.
- Math test Monday.
- Mobile Escape building is happening on Monday.
- Ski trip is Tuesday. Be here for 7:45am to have attendance taken so we can load the buses ASAP.
- Mobile Escape Showcase for the school, community and families is Thursday, December 6th after school.
- Math test on Monday. Please study and review algebra, patterns, and operations (multiplication, addition and subtraction).
- Skiing on Tuesday.
- We are collecting cardboard and props for our escape room. If you have anything that you would like to use or donate, please bring it to school tomorrow. Some ideas are:
- battery operated tea lights, old suitcases, fabric, dining table set, old fashion board games or magazines, etc.
- Our showcase is on December 6th.
- Ma famille project is due next week. If students have time and access to Google Slides at home, they should work on transferring their rough copies to the slideshow.
- The Season of Giving starts on Monday, December 3rd. There are many ways to earn points for our class and our team. Check out the poster below!
- We need cardboard boxes for our Mobile Escape Room.
- Ski day for grade 5 is Tuesday, December 4th! Dress appropriately and pack a lunch. We need to be at school early that day.
- Our Escape Room Showcase is Thursday, December 6th after school from 3:30-5:30pm.
- Math test on December 3. There is a math review sent home today.
- Ma famille projects are due Friday. Some students may need to work on Google Slides at home to complete.
- Pink Roll a Dice game due Friday.
- Math test next week! Review will go home tomorrow.
- Math game due Friday.
- New Happy Healthy Hunger order for December 12 is Cobs! Order a scone for nutrition break!
- Class photos go home today.
- Bring in cardboard boxes for mobile escape!
- We finished Trapped in Ice and started Fish in a Tree today! The grade 5 teachers are doing a read-around to get to know the different students and teach the Super 6 comprehension strategies.
- 5C students have one sheet to fill out for health and they are asked to bring in one object that best describes who they are.
- Finish spirolateral art and glueing the multiplication puzzle if not finished in class
- Don't forget the new happy healthy hunger option for a nutrition break snack from Cobs. This is a F.A.N.S. fundraiser for the school.
Today during FLEX we had a presentation about juggling, the pattern it follows and how you could graph it. The students were mesmerized by the juggling and many stated that they "did not know math could be so fun"
- Please book a parent teacher conference to meet and discuss progress.
- The book fair is happening all week in the Learning Commons. Students can browse and purchase books before and after school, also, during nutrition break and lunch. We will be visiting the book fair tomorrow in period 6. Parents can visit during parent teacher conferences.
- There will be no school on Thursday nor Friday due to PT conferences.
Today we checked out a Magic Rectangle and tried to figure out which version would have the largest area. Check out some work below!
- Next week there is school on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. The students in grades 4 and 5 will also get to experience the Mobile Escape room as we will be gearing up to create our own!
- Parent Teacher Conferences are on Thursday and Friday.
We have received our first postcard from a French class in Ottawa!
The next Healthy Hunger fundraiser is Nov. 28th Subway. The deadline to order is Friday Nov. 23. The new and exciting option is a Nutrition Break snack from Cobs!! The first theme is “Scones”. Go online and select the tasty scone of your choice. Your child will be able to pick up their scone from their homeroom teacher during nutrition break Dec. 12th. We hope you enjoy the new snack option. Stay tuned for other themes from our local Cobs Bakery.
Thank you for participating in the F.A.N.S. (Fundraising Association for Nose Creek School) fundraising events!
- To book a parent teacher conference, please call the office. The online system has gone down.
- All 5C parents are asked to book an appointment with Mme Crant and if you can't make parent teacher conferences, email to arrange another time.
- All equations for the math puzzle are to be answered for tomorrow.
Pour le diner, je vais manger des pommes de terre purée avec le boeuf haché. Après l'école je vais promener avec mon chien et je vais cuisiner le souper. Je vais manger le souper avec Michael et nous allons regarder la télévision.
Grade 5 Intensive French and Math teacher at Nose Creek School
Jan 28, 29, 31: French Conversations
Feb 1: No school
Feb 4: End of semester 1
Feb 8: Report cards go home