- One month until Eric Walters arrives! Here is a note: Eric Walters will be coming to speak to our school on Monday, November 12th. Every student will get to see him and most classes are currently reading one of his books in class. Students may bring one of his books to sign. For more information about him please visit his website : http://www.ericwalters.net/
- Bring in a family photo to present in French.
- Outdoor school starts on Monday. 5C, 5F and two grade 9 classes will be walking to a creek in Panorama Hills, just passed Circle K. You do not need a permission form as the Walking Field Trip Form went home with the orange sheets at the beginning of the year.
Please pack a snack and lunch and dress appropriately for the weather that day. Parent volunteers with their CBE clearance are welcomed and encouraged to join.
Please take the time each evening to check with your child about their homework. There are math games glued in their agendas that will help practice and reinforce skills being taught in class. I have asked that these games be initialed each evening by a parent, friend, grandmother etc. whoever played the game. Tonight students chose either a multiply by 4 or multiply by 6 game.
Students were asked to self-assess their basic multiplication facts. You can find this glued in their agenda.
Where I am at with multiplication?
1- still learning 2- sometimes confident 3- all the time confident
We are starting a new theme where we are looking at multiplication and patterns for the next little while. Always remember to check out the math tabs at the top for a whole page of resources. Here are some possible online games:
- Math games are essential to help your child continue learning and growing in mathematics at home. Please make it a priority that the game is played once a night and initial or sign it.
- The orange math game is to be played at least once over the long weekend.
- There is school tomorrow, however, there is no school on Monday.
- Math games will be sent home weekly for practice and to help with consolidation. This week is mental addition and subtraction using place value. Students are required to play it 3 times minimum. Please initial once your child has played with either a sibling, friend or family member.
- A letter is going home about an upcoming Outdoor School opportunity. The grade 9s and grade 5s will be doing a field trip walking in the community to study water ecology and wetlands. There are no additional permission forms as there was a walking permission form in the packet of forms that went home the first week. We will require at least 3 parent volunteers. Thanks!
- Hand in passport photos and sac à dos.
October 3- hockey kick-off day! Come dressed in gear to support your hockey team.
October 4- community visit to support the grade 8, 9 and Div III PLP students' Escape Room frm 3:30-5:30.
- Students who did not finish drawing or colouring their backpack projects are asked to complete that this evening at home. All of their French writing should have been completed in school. This is due tomorrow morning.
- Some students still need to bring in drawings or wallet size photos of themselves.
- October 2- picture day
- October 3- hockey kick-off day! Come dressed in gear to support your hockey team.
- October 4- community visit to support the grade 8, 9 and Div III PLP students' Escape Room.
Grade 5 Intensive French and Math teacher at Nose Creek School
May 10, 2019: Bowling Field Trip
May 17, 2019: No school
May 20, 2019: No school