- Students in 5C have a letter for parents and guardians regarding a postcard exchange we will be participating in.
- Their new math game is a Tic Tac Toe game. There are three game boards that should be played by Friday.
- Tomorrow is Halloween. Students are allowed to wear costumes.
A reminder for students around costume expectations:
· No weapons
· No masks
· Face paint is permitted as long as individual is identifiable
· Hats and hoodies are permitted if they are part of the costume and the individual is identifiable
· Costumes can not be offensive to others, degrading, derogatory, racist or have inappropriate language or sayings
· Costumes can not be provocative
- A-mazeing Multiples of 6 math game due Wednesday.
- Please collect cardboard items (boxes, cartons, toilet paper & paper towel rolls) from home.
- Remembrance Day Ceremony is next Friday. 5C will be performing O' Canada in French and English.
- Halloween is on Wednesday. The Intensive French classes will rotate between the three teachers to do a math or French activity that is either spooky or directly related to Halloween.
* A note from Parent Council about Fundraising:
Nose Creek School in partnership with COBS Bread will be hosting a fundraiser at the Country Hills location. With every purchase, just simply mention you are a supporter of Nose Creek School and a portion of what you've paid will be donated back to Nose Creek School! See the photo below for a letter from the owners.
- No school tomorrow, Friday, October 26th.
- Today was Car Free Day at Nose Creek and 18 out of 26 students walked, biked or scootered to school! We used the number to talk a little bit about fractions before starting our day.
- Currently, we are housing a VERY large map of Canada from the C3 Expedition that happened in 2017. It was a 150 day voyage from coast-to-coast-to-coast. Today, all of the Intensive French students from Mme Malayko, Mme Valji and Mme Crant's classes went to the learning commons to learn about the expedition and explore the map of Canada. Check out some photos below from our day.
- Photo retakes are November 7
- Photo orders are due October 26
- Car Free Day tomorrow! Walk, bike, run, scooter or another form of environmentally friendly transportation to get to school tomorrow.
- Monkey Math Game is to be played three times by Monday!
On Thursday, October 25th, the Green Team is having a car free day. We are encouraging all students to find an alternative way to school that day (walk, bike, scooter). We have also set up 6 drop zones around the community. A map attached or see below
1. If you choose to drop the student at one of the 6 drop zones (see below or attached map), please note the time as the group will be leaving ON TIME.
2. There will be teachers at each drop zone waiting to walk with the students. They will walk with them to school and back to the same drop zone after school.
3. Students will be responsible for finding the same teacher after school. Teachers will meet students outside at the front doors. Teachers will not be taking attendance and will be leaving to the same drop zone at 3:10.
Drop Zone 1: Starbucks parking lot (130 Country Hills Rd NE)
Distance to school: 1.2 km
Leaving at 7:45 (about a 20 minute walk)
Drop Zone 2: Coventry Hills Drive NE and Covehaven Link (the traffic circle west of
Distance to School: 550m
Leaving at 7:50 (about a 10 minute walk)
Drop Zone 3: Covemeadow Road and Covemeadow Road NE (near the small park
North of school)
Distance to school: 500m
Leaving at 7:50 (less than 10 minutes)
Drop Zone 4: Covepark Drive NE and Coventry Hills Way
Distance to School: 850m
Leaving at 7:45 (15 – 20 minute walk)
Drop Zone 5: Coventry Drive Ne and Coventry Hills Way
Distance to School: 1.5 km
Leaving at 7:40 (30 minute walk)
Drop Zone 6: Coventry Way NE and Coventry View NE (first road east of Coventry
Distance to School: 1.0 km
Leaving at 7:45 (15 minute walk)
Why are we doing this? We are hoping to encourage more students to green commute to increase safety for pedestrians and drivers as well as to save energy!
- Car Free Day at Nose Creek School: all students, teachers and administrators are being asked to commute, walk, bike or use some form of transportation other than driving on Thursday, October 25th to get to school. This initiative is being led by our Green Team at school and they are wanting to reduce emissions, find alternative, greener ways to get to school and reduce traffic for safety reasons. There are 6 drop sites in the community where teachers will walk to and from school with students!
- Math homework check-ins happening tomorrow. Parents are asked to sign off every time their child plays a math game. All students must bring their agendas tomorrow.
- No school on Friday, October 26th.
The students that are in Intensive French this term are learning O' Canada in English and French. They will be singing at the Remembrance Day Ceremony. Optionally, students were asked if they would like to dedicate some lunch times to learning In Flander's Field (Au Champ D'Honneur) in French and perform. The videos we used to practice are below.
- School photos went home. The orders are due on October 26th.
- A-maze-ing Multiples of 3 due tomorrow.
- Array project due tomorrow. 10 arrays and the cost of at least 6 of them.
- Family photos due. Email them to me firstname.lastname@example.org or share on Google to email@example.com
- No school on Friday.
- Family photos are due on Monday.
- Math game homework: Multiples of 3 maze due Tuesday.
Unfinished class work:
- Make an array tower: homework if not finished in class.
- Add the cost of 6 different rugs: homework if not finished in class.
- Make 10 rugs with an area less than 48: homework if not finished in class (from last Friday).
Reminder, if students are absent and miss a day of school it is then their responsibility to ask the teacher what they missed and catch up on that at home or in school.
This week 5C had an adventurous week studying three different sites near Nose Creek School. We went to a storm pond in Panorama, one by Vivo and Nose Creek Park. The 5s were buddied with a student from grade 9 who taught them how to gather data through testing the water. Below you will find some photos from our trip.
- Bring in a family photo
- Library books that were signed out in September need to be returned.
- Math game needs to be played and signed at least once before Friday
- Last day of outdoor school tomorrow. Half of the day we will be out (in the morning), the other half we will be at school.
Après l'école je dois _________________, mais je veux __________________.
apprendre français jouer avec mon chat (chien) regarder Netflix aller à la gym
faire les tâches menagères faire mes devoirs de maths jouer au Fortnite
A reminder to parents and caregivers that 5C (and all other grade 5 classes) will be participating in three days of outdoor school this week. It is crucial that on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday the students are dressed appropriately, in waterproof clothing if possible, and have snacks, drinks and a lunch packed for them. We will be away from the school from 8:45am until after 2pm each day. Thank you!
Grade 5 Intensive French and Math teacher at Nose Creek School
Jan 28, 29, 31: French Conversations
Feb 1: No school
Feb 4: End of semester 1
Feb 8: Report cards go home