Tuesday, March 19th is the French field trip to Landmark. Students will be back at Nose Creek for lunch and have a regular afternoon of classes.
5F has a family project due Tuesday!
Wednesday, March 20th students will write a math quiz on division, probability and chance.
Thursday and Friday, March 21 & 22 is parent teacher interviews. Please schedule an appointment with Mme Crant for French and 5C math and with Mr Barg for Humanities and Science.
March break is happening next week, so no school!
As reminder about parent/teacher conferences, classes 5C and 5F now have two teachers, so it is best to book with both.
5C should book with Mme Crant to talk about math and French, and book with Mr Barg to talk about humanities and science.
5F should book with Mr Barg to talk about math and literacy, and book with Mme Crant to talk about Intensive French.
- 5C students who were here last week took home their division midpoint check-in. Please review it with your child.
- In math, we are starting 3-digit by 1-digit division. Students are learning to estimate, try mental math, and a formal procedure.
- 5C had a French project due on Friday and I am still waiting for many of them to be handed in.
- In French for 5F, we have started their My Family project and it is due March 19th. We are also practicing speaking in the future tense and talking about what we will do on Spring Break.
- The Ultimate Pack of coupons fundraiser for parent council are requesting that orders be is complete by March 18th.
- We are looking for donations of any no longer used medicine cups like in the photo below.
- 5C had a French project due today. The marks will be on PowerSchool by next week. Any late projects will have to stay in at lunch to complete them. We will be starting our new unit on Canada after March break. Next week we will be building vocabulary in preparation for our Movie Field Trip on March 19th.
- In math, 5C completed a midpoint check-in this week. The mark for this will also be on PowerSchool but please remember it is a MIDPOINT and not a final test.
- In French for 5F, we have started our Ma Famille projects and they will be due on March 20th. Students will have class time to complete, but occasionally might take work home if they are completing enough in class to keep them on track. They should be able to do this work completely independently and MUST NOT use Google Translate.
- All students have been provided a Mathletics login for their March Mathness competition. This is a Canada-wide competition where they can compete against other grade 5s in Canada. They will preview it tomorrow in class, but then it will be up to parents and guardians if they want to provide more time at home.
- We will have our division midpoint check-in on Thursday!
- In French we are wrapping up our comic book projects this week and moving on to our Canada unit.
- Students will be receiving a field trip form for their French field trip on March 19th. In order to buy concessions, they must be ordered ahead of time. The deadline is this Friday, March 8th. It costs $6.50 for the movie ticket and extra for concessions. There is a digital copy of the permission form on the grade 5 landing page.
- They will be starting their family unit this week.
- Students have had 3 assignments so far that will be on PowerSchool this week.
Important dates in March:
March 19th: French field trip
March 21st and 22nd: Parent Teacher
March 23-April 1st: March Break
Grade 5 Intensive French and Math teacher at Nose Creek School
Jan 28, 29, 31: French Conversations
Feb 1: No school
Feb 4: End of semester 1
Feb 8: Report cards go home