Next week is Kodiak Spirit Week & Be Brave Hitmen game. Below is a schedule from the leadership students of what each day will be:
Monday – Twin Day/ Photobooth at lunch (but students can dress up in larger groups)
Tuesday – PJ Day (must be appropriate)
Wednesday – Pink Shirt Day/Hitman Hockey Game
Thursday – Dress Like Your Favourite Meme Day (MUST be appropriate)
- Students were asked to interview someone about money over the weekend. There are 12 questions for them to ask and record the answers in point form. These MUST be complete by tomorrow.
- Hitmen Hockey permission forms are due by Thursday at the latest.
- The envelopes that the report cards went home in need to be signed and returned to school.
- 5C will receive their math games tomorrow for this week. They will be reviewing area and perimeter as we will be looking at both of these again through division. It does say any shape, however, students are only required to know how to find area and perimeter of squares and rectangles in grade 5 so they are encouraged to choose that shape for their room.
- Report cards went home on Monday. The envelopes need to be signed and returned to the school.
- Last call for Hitmen permission forms is Thursday, February 21. The game is on Wednesday, February 27th.
- All grade 5 students need to interview someone who uses money over the weekend. They have a list of twelve questions to ask the person and record their answers.
- There is no math game this week due to the interview, but the games will be back on Tuesday. Students are expected to play the games every week.
- 5C students will begin their core classes on Monday. Period 1 is gym, period 2 is French with Mme Crant, and after nutrition break, in period 3, they will see Mr Barg for their first core class. They will only have French on B days, but will continue to come to me for math and flex daily.
- Report cards will be going home on Friday. If you have anything you would like to discuss please email me to schedule a meeting. The next round of parent teacher conferences are in March.
- Calgary Hitmen "Be Brave" permission forms are due back as soon as possible. I need the permission form first and then the payment can come when you're ready.
- 5C will be writing their fractions quiz on Thursday. Below there is a review and two games for those that are interested in extra support. Please encourage your child to complete at least one of the two fraction reviews.
- There are two new division math games going home today to be played twice each by next Monday. Our next theme will be on division, probability and chance. We have one more theme to cover then we will loop back and dig deeper into each theme we've covered.
Grade 5 Intensive French and Math teacher at Nose Creek School
May 10, 2019: Bowling Field Trip
May 17, 2019: No school
May 20, 2019: No school