- Maison de reve (Dream House) projects are due and will be presented to small groups on Thursday. They must have their floor plan, their house built, two pieces of furniture, their paragraph in French and have measured for the area and perimeter of their house. The last homework block to work on this is tomorrow, Wednesday Feb 28.
- The students are continuing to work on Fractions this week and would benefit from extra support at home. This week's focus is finding equivalent fractions and comparing fractions!
Please check the blog page for ideas or check out the following Khan Academy module:
- Students have continued to work on their Ma Famille scrapbooks. They will have a title slide and 9 others. The titles are: Tout à propos de moi [all about me], Mes préférences [my favourites], Ma famille [my family], 3 personnes dans ma famille proche [3 people in your family], 3 personnes [3 more people, either family or friends]). Tomorrow we will discuss that the due date is going to be next Friday, March 9th.
- Students have an assignment due tomorrow where they were asked to draw pictures of the 6 problems and 4 solutions from the book Pauvre Michel. For an extra challenge they were asked to write the words they knew in French that went with each scenario, or write full sentences using what they know. It is really important in Intensive French that the students write what they've learned to say and DO NOT use Google Translate for their writing assignments.
- They have also started brainstorming for their next project where they will create a comic that includes snapshots of the various things they do throughout the day.
When: Wednesday March 7th, 5pm.
Where: School Learning Commons.
Who: Sessions are open to parents of grade 4, 5 and 6 students. Convened by Mrs Meg Leach (Nose Creek Teacher).
We are asking that students do not attend as we are working with limited space.
Would you like to help support your Grade 4, 5 or 6 student in Maths?
Come to a fun, relaxed Maths Master Class. The session is focused on teaching parents lots of fun games and activities that you can do at home with your children to help support their numeracy skills. All ability levels will be covered, with the main goal fostering a love of learning in our children.
Register your attendance to allow us to be fully prepared by completing the Google Form at the following link:
Next week there will be a variety of activities in the school to support our focus on anti-bullying.
Maker Space Monday in LC – Pink Anti-bullying Buttons (wear your buttons that students already made)
Students can come down to Maker Space to make more buttons.
Be Brave Hitman Game – PINK SHIRT DAY (Shirts will be handed out to students in the morning before we leave)
Hats on for Mental Health ($1.00 donation to wear your hat for the day)
Pink Pop Sale Day ($1.00 per pop)
Kodiak Gear Day
Black and Red (Students and Staff)
All funds raised will be going towards anti-bullying and mental health within the community.
5C and 5F were both given permission forms today about the Intensive French program. Near the end of the semester, the students get to sit down with someone who is not their teacher and have a conversation in French. It is a way for the students to celebrate and see how much progress they've made. Also, there is a possible research component to IF where the University of Calgary listens to the recordings. If you choose to allow your child's recording to be used then please sign the form and send it back by Friday, February 23rd.
- Hitmen Hockey permission forms are due tomorrow for 5C and 5F.
- 5C does not have a POW tonight as they need to finish their dream house floor plans and their olympic flag fraction art for homework this week.
- Tomorrow is build day for dream houses!
5F is continuing to work on their digital scrapbooks. Here is an example of what they need to include if they choose to work on this from home.