On Monday, May 14th, the grade 5s will be attending the Gregg LeRock French Concert. All students who have handed in their permission forms will board buses as soon as the buses arrive to head to Mount Royal University. The concert is scheduled to start at 9:45am and is an hour. Students, volunteers and teachers are asked to turn off their cellphones and no photos or videos are allowed. We will return to the school by bus after the concert, have our snack for nutrition break, and continue the day as normal. We are expecting to be back at school by 11am.
All students in grade 5 need to hand in their Gregg LeRock field trip forms. Students going on the field trip will be back at school before lunch hour and, therefore, will have regular classes in the afternoon.
Vaccinations and spring photos on Wednesday, May 9th.
- Golf course projects were due yesterday. Students had all day Friday to complete them in class, and if not, were to complete for homework.
- 3D shapes work is due tomorrow if they did not complete in class today. We were working on naming prisms and pyramids and finding real-life examples of various shapes.
- Research for French project must be done by Thursday. Students need to research the various ways to travel to their selected city; train, bus, airplane etc. and tell the time it takes and cost.
- This week in class they will be working on their dream houses and favourite hobbies.
5C will have one final French project before their year in Intensive French ends. To showcase what they have learned so far, and to build a base of new vocabulary, the students have been asked to choose a Canadian city or town of their choice. The students will then need to create a brochure or website page (they will be taught how at school) to showcase their chosen city or town.
The project will include the following things:
- Pictures and a brief description of the town or city
- Typical weather and what clothes a tourist should pack
- Typical food and one interesting restaurant
- A list of activities you can do there
- A list of tourist sites
- Where to stay
- The population, francophone population and a little history behind the city
I have attached a photo of which student has which city, but I have not included their names, just their classroom number so you will have to ask your child their city and if they forget, they can refer to the list.
5C has been busy investigating the properties of 2D and 3D shapes. Today we went outside and created shapes with our bodies and with right angle triangles. See a photo below!
Also, we are going to be doing a Mini Putt Golf Course Design Project on Friday. Students are encouraged to check out the website below to get some ideas.