Design Challenge Reflection: https://goo.gl/forms/sNiARZsPQPcUKaRn2
- Dream House floor plan needs to be complete by Monday.
- Hitmen permission form is due back by Tuesday.
- Teacher's Convention and Family Day are coming up. Next week there is no school on Thursday Feb 15, Friday Feb 16 and also the following Monday Feb 19.
- Start of English term
- Design Challenge Friday
- Fractions in Math
- Dream House in French
- Keep same lockers, same homeroom, new teacher for Humanities and Science
- Problem of the Week is due tomorrow.
- Don't forget your Hitmen Permission Form!
- Design Challenge Day tomorrow! Can you build an "-est structure" that will be Calgary's next iconic building?
- Family photos will be used on Monday. If you have not brought yours in yet, please do.
- 5F will gradually create a digital scrapbook about their family. The project is outlined below. As of right now, they should have their title slide and 3 slides completely finished and started on a 4th.
- Read in English each evening for 30 minutes.
- 5C & 5F: return your Hitmen Hockey permission form
Quelles sont tes garnitures préférées ?
Mes garnitures préférées sont ______
(Le fromage, le pepperoni, les poivrons verts, la sauce au tomate, les ananas, le jambon, le bacon, les oignons, les champignons)
Quelle est ta nourriture préférée ?
Ma nourriture préférée est _____
À propos de la Pizza Parfaite:
Est-ce qu'on sait les garnitures préférées de maman ?
Oui, on sait les garnitures préférées de maman OR Non, on ne sait pas les garnitures préférées de maman.
Quelle est la nourriture préférée de maman ?
La nourriture préférée de maman est _____.
5C- Maison de rêve projet
- 5F: Read for 30 minutes. Bring in or upload a family photo to Google Drive.
- 5C: POW is due on Friday. Finish the fraction worksheet if not finished in class.
Dear Mme Crant,
What I like most about school is ____
What I would change about school is ____
I am ____ (insert adjective) for French because _____
My goal in French is ____.
I want to learn how to say:
Today is a sad day for me as we finish our first Intensive French group. 5C is an amazing group of students that have progressed so much this year in French and made me proud each and every day. I am thankful that I will still be their homeroom teacher and will see them every second day for French, every day for FLEX and Math.
The only homework for the weekend is to read and practice division! On Monday the new term starts. 5C will start the day with Ms Quinn, they have Music as their option, and will be with Mme Crant for Flex and Math. The homework for 5C in Humanities and Science will be listed on Ms Quinn’s blog. Students will continue to receive a Problem of the Week each week in Math.
I am posting two pictures of potential final projects for the dream house project. We are working on the floor plans in school and the kids are allowed to take the 3-D version where they envision it. Each student will have to make some 3-D furniture so we can explore 2-D versus 3-D shapes, and their exterior walls. Some students have expressed interest in making and decorating their full house, but that will be dependent on what supplies they have. At school, we do have art supplies and some cardboard to provide for this. Our build day will have to be on a Day 1 when 5C is with me for French before lunch and then FLEX and Math after lunch so we can use a larger chunk of time to get the building completed, or mostly completed in one day. This will avoid the need to set-up and clean up repeatedly. As of right now, February 8th and 22nd are our options, but I am not sure all students will be ready for the 8th. There is no school on Thursday, February 15th.