We are looking for five parent volunteers for the morning of Friday, December 14th.
The students don't know this yet, it is fine if you tell them, but this week in French they are going to talk about grocery shopping and buying ingredients then prepare a recipe for all of the 5s in Intensive French.
Mme Valji's class is making pancakes, Mme Malayko's class cupcakes, and our class grilled cheese. Then we are going to have a French cafe where the kids have to practice specific questions in French and answers where they talk with their trio about their recipes.
I am hoping to get about 5 parents from 5C who will come and lead a station with 5 students. The station would be cutting baguette, buttering, putting cheese in the middle and then grilling them. Once cooked they would go on a tray in the oven to stay warm. We have the Foods room Friday morning for cooking and then the cafe would happen after nutrition break, around 10:40am.
Would you be willing and able to volunteer at a station on Friday, December 14th in the morning? If so, please email email@example.com
- The students in grade 5 have successfully completed a week-long residency with Mobile Escape. The culminating showcase occurred yesterday where parents, students and community members came through to check out the Kodiak Creek Express!
The conductor had fallen asleep at the wheel and couldn't be woken up. However, the bridge was also traveling at a fast pace down the tracks towards a broken bride. Participants were asked to solve five clues, all created completely by the grade 5s, to shut off the train at the control panel.
Their creativity, teamwork and problem-solving skills were amazing as we watched many classes work together throughout the week.
Bravo grade 5s! What a success!
As a side, we would like to thank Parent Council for making all of this possible for our students. Each grade at Nose Creek has now had the opportunity to participate in the residency and develop and refine many skills.
- Math tests need to be signed and returned to school. Rewrites will happen if students schedule them for themselves.
- Come check out our escape room tomorrow from 3:30-5:30!
- Season of Giving is in full swing. We are collecting food bank donations, boxes of ziploc bags, cat food, cat toys, cat bed, dog food or dog toys, box of garbage bags, and dish soap. Students can also complete 1 hour of volunteer time and bring in a letter.
- We have also adopted a child for the Salvation Army Angel Giving Tree.
- No school Friday.
We had an awesome day skiing today! Please remember the Season of Giving kicks off tomorrow with donations for the food bank.
- Ski Day: Students need to be at school tomorrow for 7:40am and can head straight to their homerooms. Please wear snow pants, a warm jacket, hat, and gloves. Please pack a nutritious lunch, snacks, and plenty to drink.
- No school Friday as it is a professional development day.
- We started building our Mobile Escape room today!
- Yearbooks will be for sale this year. You can purchase them through PowerSchool.
- Ma Famille projects will be presented to a partner on Monday. You will have a chance to review spelling, grammar, and sentence structure. They will also suggest how to add detail.
- Math test Monday.
- Mobile Escape building is happening on Monday.
- Ski trip is Tuesday. Be here for 7:45am to have attendance taken so we can load the buses ASAP.
- Mobile Escape Showcase for the school, community and families is Thursday, December 6th after school.
- Math test on Monday. Please study and review algebra, patterns, and operations (multiplication, addition and subtraction).
- Skiing on Tuesday.
- We are collecting cardboard and props for our escape room. If you have anything that you would like to use or donate, please bring it to school tomorrow. Some ideas are:
- battery operated tea lights, old suitcases, fabric, dining table set, old fashion board games or magazines, etc.
- Our showcase is on December 6th.
- Ma famille project is due next week. If students have time and access to Google Slides at home, they should work on transferring their rough copies to the slideshow.
- The Season of Giving starts on Monday, December 3rd. There are many ways to earn points for our class and our team. Check out the poster below!
- We need cardboard boxes for our Mobile Escape Room.
- Ski day for grade 5 is Tuesday, December 4th! Dress appropriately and pack a lunch. We need to be at school early that day.
- Our Escape Room Showcase is Thursday, December 6th after school from 3:30-5:30pm.
- Math test on December 3. There is a math review sent home today.
- Ma famille projects are due Friday. Some students may need to work on Google Slides at home to complete.
- Pink Roll a Dice game due Friday.
- Math test next week! Review will go home tomorrow.
- Math game due Friday.
- New Happy Healthy Hunger order for December 12 is Cobs! Order a scone for nutrition break!
- Class photos go home today.
- Bring in cardboard boxes for mobile escape!
- We finished Trapped in Ice and started Fish in a Tree today! The grade 5 teachers are doing a read-around to get to know the different students and teach the Super 6 comprehension strategies.
Grade 5 Intensive French and Math teacher at Nose Creek School
Nov 19-23: Book Fair in the Learning Commons
Nov 22 & 23: Parent Teacher Conferences
Dec 6: Escape Room Showcase